Tired of hearing the same questions over and over again? It’s time to give the people what they want – answers!
Much like you’ve come here to ask the king of the jungle to share his infinite knowledge of GMB, your customers want to learn more about your business. It’s high time that you start using Google My Business to your full advantage and add Q&As to your profile so that potential customers can learn more about your business to make a better buying decision without ever having to call and ask!
If you want to learn more about how to add Q&A to your Google My Business profile, here’s what you need to know:
Adding Q&A to Your Google My Business Profile
Here’s the thing: adding questions to your Q&A isn’t a super straightforward process. You’ll need to go through several steps to prepare and get your Q&As posted and answered. The process looks a little like this:
- Create FAQ sheet
- Create detailed answers to each question
Adding Q&A to Your Profile:
- Log into Google Using a Personal Account
- Click the “Ask a Question” button
- Enter your question and hit “Post”
- Repeat the process for all the questions you have!
Answering Q&As on Google My Business:
- Search for your business using a Google account that has admin access to the GMB profile
- Select “See All Questions”
- Find a question you’d like to answer and click “Answer”
- Type your response and hit “Post”
To make sure you feel confident enough to swing to that next highest branch, here’s a breakdown of what you need to do.
How to Add Q&As to Your Profile:
1. Search for your business on Google under a personal Google account.
2. Once you have found your business’s profile, click the “Ask a question” button
3. Enter your question and hit “Post”
Tip from the Gorilla: Make sure to carefully select questions that will let people know more about your business. That includes information about services, packages, the team, and more!
4. Repeat the process for all the questions you have!
How to Answer Your GMB Q&As:
1. Search for your business on Google using the account that has admin access to the profile
You’ll know you’re in the right place if you see more options to manage your GMB profile directly on the search results page.
3. Click on “See all questions”
4. Find an unanswered question and click “Answer”
4. Type in your response and click “Post”
5. Respond to more questions!
Bonus Tip from the Gorilla: Double check your response, edit if needed by clicking the three dots icon and selecting edit. You can then tweak your response and click “Post” to finalize the edits.
Why Is It Important to Get GMB Q&As?
Getting GMB Q&As should be an essential part of any business owner’s digital strategy. Instead of having an influx of customer calls asking similar questions, you can share this information directly through your profile. Will that stop everyone from calling you? No! But we want them to call in to schedule a reservation after reading about your most popular dishes on your Q&A.
Displaying good information through your Q&As is another way to help potential customers develop trust with your business. They will be able to see your answers and pick up on subtle cues, like the friendly and informative tone of your response, which can distinguish you from your competitors.
Finally, it’s important to keep in mind that Google uses content to determine what shows up on the SERPs. If your Q&As match up to what people are searching for, your business may be more likely to show up. If your answers include keywords related to your business, even better!
Ready for expert help?
On average, we save business owners 18 hours a month by managing their Google My Business profile. But, really, that perk barely scratches the canopy. GMB Gorilla has the brawn and the brain needed to make sure you have a fully optimized profile – Q&As included! Let us help you. Learn more about our easy onboarding process and simple management package.