Last Updated August 15th, 2023
They say a photo is worth a thousand words, but I like to say that your Google My Business profile picture is worth a thousand potential customers.
Whenever a potential customer comes across your Google My Business profile one of the first things they will see is your profile picture. You want a Google Business Profile picture that represents your brand and makes your profile look bananas.
Let’s explore the basics of the Google Business Profile field, and then charge into action with the steps to change your Google Business Profile picture.
Google Business Profile Picture Overview
The Google Business Profile picture is one of the most visible pieces of your profile.
- The profile picture is referred to as the Logo in Google terminology
- The profile picture is set by the image uploaded to Logo field in the images section
- The ideal image size for the logo to be uploaded as the profile picture is a square sized 1000×1000
- The minimum image size that can be uploaded is 500×500
- If no Logo has been set, Google will select one of the images uploaded to your Google Business Profile
- Google may also show an image they found for your business on other websites across the internet as your Google Business Profile picture
- This is true even if you set the Logo for your profile – Google knows images help with click through rates and will often show the image they think is best
Now that we’ve covered the important parts of the profile picture, let’s move on to how to change your Google Business Profile Picture.
How to Change Your Google Business Profile Picture in 5 Steps
If you want to update the profile picture on your Google My Business profiles, just follow the 5 steps below:
- Log into the Google Business Profile Manager (google.com/business)
- Click on the Business Profile you want to update
- Click on the Add Photo icon in the NMX
- Click on Logo in the modal window that pops up
- Upload the Google Business Profile picture
- Crop the profile picture if necessary
- Click the blue Save button
How to Change Your Google Business Profile Picture Video Guide
1. Log into the Google Business Profile Manager (google.com/business)
Open your browser and type in google.com/business. Click on either the sign-in link or blue manage now button.
Tip from the Gorilla: Don’t have a GMB profile yet to log into? Check out this blog to learn how to claim your business on Google My Business, this guide on how to get your business listed on Google Maps, or contact us for expert help setting up your account!
2. Click on the Business Profile you want to update
After sign-in your be taken to the Google Business Profile Manager. You can click on the Business Profile or the pencil icon to be taken to the New Merchant Experience (NMX) where you can add users.
3. Click on the Add Photo icon in the NMX
From the NMX, click on the Add Photo icon located in the middle of the top row as depicted below. This will open a modal window with several photo options for the Business Profile.
4. Click on Logo in the modal window that pops up
From the modal window that appears, click on the Logo option. This will take you to a new screen where you can drag and drop or upload the profile picture you want to set.
5. Upload the Google Business Profile picture
From the upload screen you can drag or upload your profile picture. Note we recommend making sure your image is square, centered, and a minimum of 1000×1000 before upload.
6. Crop the profile picture if necessary
If you choose to wing it and not follow the ideal profile picture guidelines, Google does provide you with the ability to crop the photo if you choose.
7. Click the blue Save button
Once you are happy with how your profile picture looks, you can click the blue Save button. This will apply the change in profile picture for your Business Profile.
High five! ✋ You just updated your Google Business Profile picture 🎉
If your logo was successfully uploaded you will see the screen below. We always recommend clicking on the blue “See logo” button to make sure you like what you see before checking off this task.
That’s it folks! We hope you found how to change your Google Business Profile picture helpful.
Want to Learn More About Google My Business Images? Check Out These Guides
- How to Delete Photos from Google My Business
- What Size for Google My Business Post Image
- How to Add Video to Google My Business
- How to Make a Good Video for Google My Business
Ready to Take Your Profile to the Next Level? Let the King of the Jungle Help You
When it comes to managing your profile and filling it with great images, you don’t have to do it alone. Let the Gorilla step in to guide you to the top of the food chain. Learn more about our easy onboarding process and simple management package.